View Single Post
Captain
# 29
02-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Sure, that's a great option after you buy it all, Mr. Helpful.

So, no difference to turn rate, flight speed, engine power, etc., between Mk XI and Mk XII? The only reason to buy it is to keep the set bonus? Well that's just ducky. I suppose it's the same with the deflector.

I say that needs another pass, then. It must be an oversight that there's no significant improvement for investing in Mk XII. That is something a developer must answer.
Tip of the day : if you hover your mouse cursor over the item in the reputation window, you'll see the stats, before buying it.
You're welcome.

And yeah, the engine is the same according to tooltip, but you need the appropriate tier engine for the set. I don't think it's an oversight. If the Mk x and XI had less stats, they would be less powerful than a purple MK XII random loot. Less speed and turn rate, which is more valuable than any warp speed on sector map.
I just checked, and the others OMEGA reputation engine works the same, sometimes they have a slight increase in a minor stats (driver coil bonus for example), but that's all.

If you want to buy the engine only, buy a Mk X. If you want the set, and plan to have MK XII shield/deflector, buy a MK XII engine.