View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 56
02-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capthayden View Post
Second: The changes to the Foundry missions. I really hope they're going to be generous to those of us who made long missions and give our players a proper reward. But somehow, I don't think the cap on the scale will be what I'm hoping for. And for the love of God, do not bring back the daily 20 hour cool down. Making the mission repeatable (30 min cooldown) made me actually look forward to trying out other authors missions as I would get a good reward for my troubles and these missions usually took more than 30 mins anyways. I remember back when the rule of thumb was approx one hour per episode, so a 30 min cooldown was nothing. Bring back the 1000+ dil reward.
Dude ... They are going to screw it up in the worst ways.

I also fear this mission will end up on a 20 hour cooldown but am waiting to see on that.

But the real kicker is the loss of the fleet markers.

A mass majority of the players have limited time in game.

Foundry gave them a chance to earn dilithium + fleet marks while doing something different ... away from the constant grind grind grind of those other missions that are the same thing run after run after run.

My guess is they are (1) trying to force us back to those other missions that likely aren't getting played as much and (2) clueless about why players were going to the foundry for those fleet marks.

It's because they lack time to do it all and have to choose either a ground for resources or to enjoy story and content. The foundry as it was before gave them the chance to do both at the same time.

But that was not good enough for Cryptic it seems as they have an obsessive disorder of wanting fleet marks only on multi-player missions.

For me ... I would run these foundry missions WITH my fleetmates more than the other types which I PUGed.

::: double Klingon Facepalm @ Cryptic ....

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!