View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 1 Klingons on New Romulus
02-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Okay, I want to settle this once and for all:

The Empire's motives for helping on New Romulus are as follows:
  • Preventing the Romulans from joining the Federation outright, or making a close alliance that would shift the balance of power against the Klingons.
  • Gaining a stronger alliance with Obisek. Even if the Romulans are dishonorable cowards, Obisek and his Reman followers are not.
  • Preventing the Romulans from ever again being a strategic threat to the Empire, allowing more attention to be devoted to threats like the Borg or Undine.
  • Ja'rod supports the alliance, as does at least one other high council member. And while J'mpok is not on the best of terms with Ja'rod at this point, he has no option other than to go along with him, as the (albeit weak) Duras/J'mpok alliance is the only thing preventing the House of Matrok from retaking power.
So this leaves Klingon players with several options:
  • Support official Imperial policy and assist the Romulans wholeheartedly.
  • Support official Imperial policy and aid the Romulans, but remain ever vigilant and watchful of treachery.
  • Declare loyalty to the house of Duras and support the Romulans.
  • Declare loyalty to J'mpok and support the Romulans.
  • Declare loyalty to the house of Mar'tok and refuse to help the Romulans (liquidate any Romulan marks you get inadvertantly into dil).
Now choose an option and stop whining about Cryptic's "failure" to stay true to the Klingon spirit. If you feel that supporting the Romulans is a blow to your honor, just don't do it.
I support Handsome Phaser Guy
And Tovan Khev
No, I am neither a woman nor gay.