View Single Post
Survivor of Remus
# 8
02-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Er, my previous post was unintentionally belligerent. Sorry about that. For a real response, then: I'd like to see a Trek movie that isn't made specifically to appeal to old-school trek fans. Appealing to nostalgia and focusing on technobabble and continuity minutia really bogged down the later parts of Enterprise and Voyager. I'd like to see the core idea behind the original series brought back to the fore, but with new characters to meet, a new ship to marvel over, and a plot that doesn't feel like an extended television episode. I'd like to see something that let's us see our faults as a society by giving them funny foreheads and silly name then making a Federation captain try to make sense of it.

What about a movie set between TOS and TNG that focuses on the tensions with the Romulans and Klingons?

What about a movie told from a Romulan or Klingon point of view?

Or a movie set some time after TNG that focuses a Federation world trying to secede? Or growing tensions with the rising number of artificial lifeforms that are vulnerable to being hacked and remotely controlled?

There really are a lot of things they could cover. It would be a shame if all that money and effort was spent on giving us more of the same.