Captain
# 735
02-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
oh dear.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=537351

From the first page of this thread.....

"Remove all rewards from Foundry missions, at least until a better means of sifting through the missions is found. I consider this to be a fairly draconian solution to the problem, but may lead to less hatred after the initial storm blows over. "

collegepark2151

"There is serious wisdom in this as a short term solution."

hippiejon

And you may find this familiar from the second page

"Both systems of rewards worked against the story-tellers, while working for players who needed stuffz in the least amount of time for the most amount of stuffz.

If there is no alternative to that trap, then I say remove the trap."

Kirksplat
You just selectively quoted me out of context. The sliding rewards is the solution, otherwise... my suggestion.

Quote:
If the devs are incapable of adding in a rewards system that rewards a player more for playing an epic 90 minute story v. a short grinder, then all they are doing is privileging the short grinder over the 90 minute story.

It's the same story with the clickies. The clickies were privileged, before the community was blamed for not policing itself.

Both systems of rewards worked against the story-tellers, while working for players who needed stuffz in the least amount of time for the most amount of stuffz.

If there is no alternative to that trap, then I say remove the trap.