Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium
View Single Post
Join Date: Nov 2012
02-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by
1. Fleets under 25 are going to have a hard time completing projects = by design.
2. We will be adding more Fleet Marks, just not on Foundry missions. We will be making several changes up until the May update in order to bring Fleet Mark earning back in line: including reclassifying the difference between Events and Fleet Actions, Adjusting (increasing/decreasing) Fleet Marks with a focus on giving more Fleet Marks in Fleet Based Events, Possibly merging Fleets, Possibly offering other incentives for Small Fleets.
3. Data shows, most small Fleets are far more starved for Dilithium than they are for Fleet Marks. There is need for both, but more need right now for Dilithium than Fleet Marks - thus today's change. More Fleet Marks are coming - just not in Foundry play.
1) Compounded now by an inability to gain any meaningful fleet marks without mind-numbing grinding of six missions for pitiful rewards (8 if you include the one or two you get out of the romulan instances). Small fleets want to be able to work towards these things. They don't want to be faced with an absurd, boring grind that they have no real expectation of finishing. At the moment, you've squarely placed starbase completion in the latter category.
2) What will these changes be? When will they occur? What do you expect fleets who relied on IOR to make any actual progress to do in the meantime?
3) I don't even know how to respond to that. How in <insert deity or higher power of choice here>'s name does a need for one resource justify the removal of another resource's availability?