View Single Post
Captain
# 14
02-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I think this is a great idea. It could even be the compromise we need to finally end the Foundry War once and for all!
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
But, so long as men die liberty, will never parish.

Just because the policies Bran has laid out to how he picks the mission doesn't mean he limits those to "just the ones I like". Chances are if he likes one he passes it on to some other people in the working community they have at cryptic to play and enjoy to. And we know they have a fleet and play and build themselves. I bet he's gotten email recommendations from Devs too.

That said, we know he does read these so he is probably taking this and putting your thoughts on his list of feedback. Even if he doesn't tell us when he is doing that himself anymore.

Also, on the topic of the repeat spotlight authors; there aren't really that many. In fact, as I look at it, many of those repeats are cases of the author first getting a spotlight choice and then winning a contest or something that rewards a mission spotlight. Additionally, some of them really deserve it. I mean, damn. Just to have some arching policy of "no more than one spotlight mission" is, I feel, a little too big of a wall for a problem we haven't seen be a horrific issue yet. Especially now that we have the time search features.

Anyways, I'm all for the reign of dictator Branflakes. He has been a fair and just ruler and absolute control lets him fudge the dice where it is needed. But then again I am someone looking to find where to submit his application to the Shadowy Foundry Author Cabal.