View Single Post
Ensign
# 15
02-15-2013, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I'll have characters swear if it's in context, but never just for the sake of it. As for keeping it PG13... Why? The majority of Trek fans are going to be quite old enough to have their own PG13 viewers, so why bother? IMHO Self-censorship is the sign of a timid writer... Equally, being unnecessarily sensationalist is also the sgn of a weak writer... I saw write what you want, but keep it within context, and you shouldn't have any complaints from your readership
I keep it to about PG-13 more because that's just the way the characters take it. I do very little, if any planning before I write a story and it just happens to end up around the area of PG-13. Not to say I haven't crossed that line, but I want to make it accessible to any trek fan, from new ones (who may or may not fit into the above PG-13 or above bracket) to the die hard fans. So if that means I'm a weak or timid writer, then ok.

As for readership... I have no idea how much of a reader base I have. No one ever comments if they do, and that is with the stories posted to LiveJournal, Tumblr, and DeviantArt. I even have a Formspring account for my captain. A link to the LJ one used to be in my sig...but that was before PWE took the helm, so I have no idea if it's still there.

No idea if this has sparked any interest in the stories themselves, but here goes the shameless plug:

Tumblr

LiveJournal

DeviantArt

Formspring