View Single Post
Commander
# 7
02-15-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Agreed, I've also been of the mindset that sci power damage should not be boosted by those two abilities which should only affect weapon damage. It's pretty much those 2 abilities in PvP that have ruined most non tactical skills.

Now I'm not saying science skills should be completely OP like they used to be but it would be nice if my gravity well 3, nearly 200 points in particle generators, full aux, with a minimum of 40s CD and with the targets sensor scanned could take out the probes in KASE or at least do enough damage that my low weapon power or another science skill could finish them off.

I also agree with the beam drain mechanics, amazing how much more damage a cruisers beams do with nadeon inversion active.
Well, I guess that's just the problem then. Science powers are not as good as they need to be, and I made this thread because I felt that, but chose a different approach. If science powers were actually a suitable alternative to mass damage, I'd be cool with it. The different roles in the game should be, after all, different methods of handling a situation, but with a similar (successful) outcome.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted