Thread: Obsolete Ships.
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 27
02-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Truthfully, no ship is obsolete, its the players that make it obsolete. I am still flying a Long Range Science Retrofit because I refuse to switch to the Vesta just for a few extras and plus I really hate that ship anyway. But I do fine in PvP, people who fly the lockbox ships, bugs, timeships etc... I just ignore them because if they are that desperate to win at a free game, its probably more embarrassing for them then it is for you.

Keep in mind that you are not as sad as them and keep on trucking, for fun and adventure
+1.

I choose my ships based on how much they make me smile when I look at them. I'm not in a fleet so I don't have fleet ships. Apart from the Galor for my Fed Tac and a few mirrors I wouldn't touch any lockbox or lobi ship with a very long pole.

I hold my own in PvP, I fill my role better than most in STFs, and I have a lot of fun letting my characters (who are really just extensions of different aspects of my own personality) explore the wonders of the galaxy. Explore and kill Borg.

How do you win a game like STO? Simple. You find ways make yourself smile. Whether that's making some joker in a BoP suck warp plasma when he thinks he's sneaking up on your cruiser for an easy kill, whether that's getting surrounded by borg tactical drones and hack/slashing your way to safety with your trusty bat'leth, whether its discovering a cleverly written and amusing Foundry mission, or whether its suddenly finding yourself severely outmatched and discovering a new interesting way to die.

Its a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Have fun and you win the game.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics