View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 2
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Did you try logging in again after that first attempt? Most of the time when returning players encounter this problem, it self-resolves on the next login. Apparently it has to do with inactive accounts being archived, and the time to retrieve an archived file exceeding the normal first-login time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emplehod View Post
I played STO at the beginning, quit about 11 months ago after PW took over. I had a lot of great stuff and a character that I got a lot of compliments on. Recently I was getting emails about this event that you could get new ships so I decided to install STO again. I did, only to find that none of my characters were on my account. I have only one account and I'm certain this is the correct one because I have a ticket history with the account.

After submitting a ticket to support I received a reply about four days later. I was told to make sure I was logging into the correct account, which I had been. I replied and told support it WAS the correct account and a few days later got another response instructing me to "Ensure you are logging into the correct account". I wrote back again, not all too happy instructing support to "Ensure you are reading my email because I am logging into the correct account but my characters are missing."

Well, some days later and now too late to participate in the special event, I get yet another email telling me if I can't find my login information, I can click some links to recover the information.

So all the months of playing and the dollars I spent on this game are washed down the drain. Perfect World has ruined any chance of my playing a game they are involved in ever again. Yes, maybe this is a rant, but how you treat paying customers goes a long way in my book. Customer support has no interest whatsoever in resolving a support issue. Three times giving the exact same reply which was not the issue shows a blatant lack of care for your clientele.

So I move on, eager to embark upon new space games. I love the Star Trek universe, but sadly, this game has failed to live up to its standards. My next quest awaits the upcoming epic game Star Citizen. You still have time to put in your pledge. With the looks of it, this game should be nothing less than spectacular and the best thing about it is, it won't be run by Perfect World.