View Single Post
Commander
# 162
02-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Well then it would be better to just drop the spotlight all together and eliminate the problem.
I've thought long and hard about how to respond to this, I almost didn't but I finally decided what to say and how.

I disagree.

The spotlight does have rules that aren't to everyone's taste, it does have us beholden to one master in Branflakes. But it's something more than just a token award for making what Brandon views as a good mission, it's a start to seeing more player - Cryptic/PWE relationships ingame.

If they decide the spotlight is a failure and pull it then that might be it, it could signal the end to dev ran events ingame altogether, no more PvP events, no more random PvE events, just increasing the silence between the Company and the Players.

But if it keeps on going, if it proves to be popular then it could increase the player - company interaction. Which would only enrich the game and attract more players to all aspects of it.

The Foundry Spotlight is currently one of the only regular dev run events in the game, removing it could only hurt the game, keeping it could make it so much greater.