Thread: Tech Issue
View Single Post
Ensign
# 6
02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
I may put this off until after my tax return comes. I'm planning to buy one of those portable hard drives so that I may move my videos and pictures over and just wipe the computer and start over.

For the game, the default settings were already at low (I have a crappy HP Slimline), but it worked well enough with low settings so that there were no framerate issues or anything. This time though, I can't even get into the game; one would assume that the default settings would still be low like they were the first time the game was installed.

You may be on to something with the registry cleaning though as I've installed a few extra-curricular programs, running UTorrent, Dosbox, and a few other things and I believe it may have messed with the registry.

I will try in "Safe Mode" and report back the results. Thanks for your replies ... it is sad that I'm getting more feedback from fellow players than from the company running the game. I guess since it's Free 2 Play, they've got more work than they can handle ... or was customer service always this poor?

If you're having an issue installing and playing the game from the get-go, but you're required to have an active account for a certain amount of time before you can even create a thread on these forums asking for Tech advice, you're going to lose out on a lot of customers.