View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
First off let me say that the person you're talking about, beyond being a Community Moderator, isn't affiliated with Cryptic or PWE as he states in his sig.

Secondly I attempted a playthrough of your mission the other night, your plot meanders and is inconsistent within itself. A prime example is that you start by referring to the Undine as Species 8472 then seemingly randomly switch to Undine halfway through the mission.

Also on your comment of you can't create detailed maps in the Foundry, I direct you too Keeping up with the J'Sens by Castmodean, it's a spotlighted mission making it easier for you to find.

The maps entire 3 indoor sections onboard the Freighter were made by hand by Castmodean and are incredibly detailed and well done even if the lack of map makes it difficult to see how to get to your objectives.

Try reading the tutorials on StarbaseUGC.com about making custom interiors if you want to find out how these are done.
First off, can I say that yes, there might be problems, it is a rough draft, doesn't mean it will be perfect straight away, however that is no reason to be so sarcastic and downright rude.

Secondly, I deliberately refer to the Undine as Species 8472 because the Undine is a fan made name and not the actual name of the species. I'm sorry if you don't like that but I've never considered expanded universe canon.

Like I said, that mission was a rough draft that was going to get continually polished. A mod basically saying "this is a pile of s***"... effectively damns me from even getting good reviews on the mission once it has been improved. I only have a limited period of time to work on them during the day because I work.

So basically, what is the point of doing the foundry if people are just going to slag things off not because of the mission but because they don't like you. I could quite easily go on a Captain Revo mission and pick the story apart.