View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Finally, even if the feds have more ships, Cryptic already said several of the KDF ship didn't sold enough to make it for the cost. This is a problem to see more KDF ship. They are sure to make money with feds ships, while they are not with KDF.
Honestly, that has to be one of the worst excuses I have ever heard of in my life.
They gimp a faction making a requirement to make a lvl 25 Federation char. to unlock it, then give it something like 10-20% of the content a Fed.player has, then make it's end-game content to reek of Fed. copy-paste elements, then ignore the bugs or put them on long hold and after all of that they say that they'll hold on releasing new KDF ships because they don't make money out of them.
Well, how the heck did they expect to make money out of them when they made the KDF playable to only hardcore Klingon fans, or people like me that happen to enjoy playing the underdog faction? I'm no expert, but in business you make a product that will attract the customers and then charge for it. You don't expect people to come and pay for a product you may make afterwards just because they like you.
Sometimes their logic is just *facepalm*

Now, OP, I agree with 95% of what you said, but I have a few comments:

I don't see the Bortasqu' as being gimped. It's different to use than most KDF ships, but it's a beast in disguise. I found that it refuses to die....ever.

Don't rush out a call on a Federation "broadsider" ship, since we have yet to find out if the Andorian one in the pic will have that ability. As far as we know, it may or may not.

Ground Vechiles? Please don't give them any more short-term ideas of how to make something for low efort - instazen as we'll never see proper content.

Homeworlds - I'd love to see more KDF social zones. Although Nausicaa is in Federation space and Ferasa in tha Alpha quadrant, I see no problem to have Gornar & Ter'jas Mor as social zones and homeworlds. Unfortunately, since they have yet to add Tellar Prime which is the homeworld of a founding species of the Federation, I suspect they'll endulge us over the Feds. with this. Although I wish for a change that they would.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!