View Single Post
Career Officer
# 165
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I do think Cryptic would serve the Foundry community better by adding a Tabs that allow the author to chose which Tab he'd like a piece of content to appear in, and there shpould be a tab that contains and sorts through just such 'reward focused' and another that just sorts through 'story focused' -- and let the potential player of the Foundry decide what he wants to play in his STO session.
This has been my thought since the "exploits" came out. I could give a Epohhs behind if they exist or not, regardless if I like them or not, but seperate them from the story content. Combat/Grind missions in one tab, Story based content on another. Too many story missions are getting buried far underneath the ocean of grinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
So what is the point of the rest of us making missions? Because at the moment, I am not sure if the Foundry is nothing more then a promotion tool for future Cryptic mission developers? How can such a hopelessly biased system work?
As one being honored to be chosen as having a spotlight mission, I can assure you I will never be, nor have any desire to be a "future Cryptic mission developer" as you have asserted in your comments. I build my maps and write my stories for my enjoyment and the hope that it gives enjoyment to others. I would continue to do this even if my mission was never selected for a spotlight. It was an honor that Branflakes found my story and my use of the toolset worthy. So if you see the spotlight as a way to promote future Cryptic employees, you can exclude me from that list. I am perfectly happy in my chosen career.

Also, if the numbers I see are correct at 34 spotlighted missions, at 1 mission per week, less the weeks here and there where they did not run it, that would make roughly 50 spotlights within a years time. If only 3 authors were chosen twice, and with the KDF Foundry missions (of which there are far fewer) being in the mix, I don't see any brand of favoritism being involved. Heck, I only know five or six of the other spotlight authors personally through the game and from SBUGC aside from a forum post here and there. I would hardly call that a "clique" out of the number of spotlights. Some folks enjoy my style of mission, some do not, but I will continue regardless of the results as it is what I enjoy.

Best Regards,

DoR
ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck