View Single Post
Captain
# 99
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Hey cmdrskyfaller

If I write to a bunch of gaming websites and say 'hey, the KDF aren't happy and they're complaining on the forums in STO' that's not a story.

If I write and show them a pic of 100 of Qo'noS finest all proudly wearing their 'disenchanted' titles in solidarity in the grand hall then that's something they can cover.

Media is visual - people get hooked into the imagery and that pulls them into the story.

And all revolutions start small

I can but try - will you help?

If their metrics say KDF is a small portion they won't allocate resources to it to begin with. You think a 'protest' is some sort of bad publicity? There is no such thing as bad publicity. A protest plastered on gaming sites will only bring new players.

..which will start as Fed and not figure out or understand what the complaining is about until a month later. In the meantime, their being Fed new characters adds to the metrics showing Fed is the largest chunk of players!

See how this idiotic metric is self-feeding?

I'll say it again. Delete your fed toons. Do the protest at the same time if you want. But it will be the drop in fed metrics that will get you the attention from a company that for 3+ years has shown in word and action they dont give a crap about the KDF faction because its such a small % of the playerbase.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg