View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentexeider View Post
I would even be happy with Hazard Team gear, that actually worked.

http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com...ots/3-55_3.jpg
...I shouldn't have clicked that. Obviously the Elite Force games held up better in my mind than in reality.

I wonder who even owns the Elite Force stuff these days. Raven is still around, albeit just barely; Ritual is long gone. Activision published both games, but the Trek gaming license (at least for Prime Universe stuff) moved to Bethesda for a time before being abandoned after Legacy. Obviously, Perpetual and then Cryptic have the STO attachment (via Atari, then PWE) but like the mess surrounding Fallout's MMO rights, that stuff is probably separate with Trek as well, so... maybe Elite Force reverted to CBS? Or Activision still controls that stuff?

Ugh. Headache. See kids? This is why working other Trek gaming properties into STO is such a problem. Sometimes it's red tape, sometimes it's a herculean effort just to track down the proper license holders. And the farther back in time you go, the worse it gets. I'd love to see the Chodak make an appearance but who the hell knows who has the deed for that stuff tucked away in a storage locker somewhere.
---
Relax.