View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 2
02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashuk2381 View Post
I was under the impression that the Vesta was mostly a science ship, as after taking a look at the different variations, plus the fact the cannons rely on AUX power, it seems like it would be more something up the Science captain's alley.

However I am thinking about trying out the Engineering version. I don't really feel like spending the $$$ on the 3 pack so was wondering if anyone had tried this ship out with their Engineering captain and how they used the cannons? Personally I don't like the idea of having to dedicate anything to AUX on my Engineer. However the ship seems to have decent stats and looks like it could be a viable tank while still doing some decent DPS.

Basically I am just bored after having gone through 3-4 diferent ships at end game and wanted to try something shiny and new. I'm loving the Ambassador Retro-fit right now, but wanted to see thoughts on the Vesta class.
I wouldn't really suggest tanking with the thing, if your looking for a science ship to tank in I would go for the nebula.

But if your looking to tank in a Vesta and your only going to buy one I would probably go with the sci one. The console will make a much nicer tank ability and the +5 to shields wouldn't really mean much.