View Single Post
Commander
# 18
02-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
What are you smoking? Aux2SIF3 is hands down the best hull healing skill in the game. It leaves all forms of ET writhing in the dust. Huge heal and tiny cooldown, and doesn't interfere with anything on a non-Aux2Bat build. ET also interferes with TT, which is way more important. Engi debuffs are the least dangerous in the game, Viral Matrix is rarely used in PvP, and only Tholians and Warbirds use it to any reasonable effect in PvE. DEM is junk in whatever form you use. And replacing Aux2SIF3 (a premium ability by the way) with EWP3? Oh please!
Well this fellow wants to optimize offensive punch, so I'm offering options to him. In any case, Aux to Structural 3's strength depends on auxiliary power levels, which I am assuming that not everyone would care to maintain at a sufficiently high level to make good use of.

As for Engineering Team, I believe that there should always be at least one instance of it, as an emergency heal. It does not rely on auxiliary and the heal is respectable at all levels. TT takes back-seat if your hull has gone down below 50% and you've turned on Reverse Shield Polarity. And while Viral Matrix isn't that deadly, it is annoying, and the repeated interruptions of subsystems can screw up your tempo.

Last edited by eraserfish; 02-20-2013 at 04:04 AM.