View Single Post
Ensign
# 1 New Player, looking for . . .
02-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Greetings. As a very experienced gamer, I am well aware of how important a group / community is to your experience in any given game. Thus it is with STO, I am enjoying the game thus far, but I realize that my continued enjoyment will largely be determined by the company I keep.

So, I'm looking for the right place. Fit is very important. I'm looking for a group to play with that is first and foremost very welcoming of noobs. Yes, I am a noob. I admit it. There are many things I don't understand, and I need someone / somewhere I can ask those questions. I'm currently not very interested in PvP, and while that may change, it just doesn't excite me right now.

I'm not looking for a community of immature individuals, whatever their age may be. I'm not looking for a drama filled mess. I want to enjoy the game with people who know how to have a good time and like to play well, but understand that in the end, it is just a game.

Edit: I forgot to say that I am not at all interested in role play communities. At all. I respect that some folks enjoy that, but be assured that I do not.

About me . . . I've played many, many games. From Netmech in the mid 90's to now, I've played a truly ludicrous number of online games across a couple different genres. Many of them I became very, very good at. Notably, I led an endgame raiding guild in EQ2 for about 4 years, as well as a very competitive Tribes / Tribes 2 team.

You can contact me here, or in game (Rotof). My in game character is a Starfleet character, and I currently don't have much interest in creating a Klingon character. As with anything, that too could change.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by archvile9876; 02-20-2013 at 08:47 AM.