View Single Post
Ensign
I'm new to the forums, so if there's a specific format for this sort of thing, just let me know and I'll reformat it.

This is my Vesta build for my Engineer (I run a Vesta on both my Engineer and my Science), and it is set up to tank damage, heal teammates, and deal decent damage (in that order).

I saw someone in another thread use this skill planner thing, so I figured I'd use it too and throw it up here. I know my skills aren't spec'd the greatest, so any advice on that would be appreciated. (Though keep in mind I switch between my Vesta and my Breen ship with an all plasma cannon/plasma torpedo build)
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...gyVestaBuild_0

Power Levels:
Weapon - 68/40
Shield - 49/35
Engine - 46/25
Auxiliary - 125/100

Active Duty Officers:
-- 20% Chance to reduce torpedo cooldown by 5 seconds (Worthless on this ship, but I use it for when I switch to my Breen ship with the Hyper-Plasma Romulan torpedo)
-- 10% Damage against Borg
-- 35% Chance to reduce cooldown by 30% (Emergency power to subsystem ablities)
-- 35% Chance to reduce cooldown by 30% (")
-- 20% Chance to increase all power levels by +25 when using an emergency power to subsystem ability

-------------
Ok, so, weapons and consoles....

Fore:
Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII
Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII
Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher Mk XII

Aft:
Advanced Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [Dmg]x3[CrtD]x1
Advanced Fleet Phaser Turret Mk XII [Dmg]x3[CrtD]x1
Borg Kinetic Cutting Beam

-----------
Shield - MACO Mk XII
Deflector - Assimilated Mk XI
Engine - Assimilated Mk XI

-----------
Engineering Consoles - Assimilated Console + Quantum Field Focus Controller

Science Consoles - Field Generator Mk XI (rare) x 3 + Sympathetic Fermion Transceiver

Tactical Consoles - Phaser Relay Mk XI (rare) x 3 + Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module

---------
Hangar - Shield Repair Units

And before you comment with your own thoughts, I'd like to give my own thoughts as to why I think this works, so let me know if you think you agree or not.
With the combination of Rotate Shield Frequency, Emergency Power to Shields, and my Shield Repair Drones, the ship can take a beating and survive. And with Hazard Emitters III being boosted by my Aux power, it heals for 22,600+ hull, and my Aux2SiF heals for 5,100, which can keep me (or others) in the fight for longer. The Shield Repair Drones heal shields like nothing else I've ever seen. They increase my own survivability immensely, and if I see someone get knocked out of the fight, I just send the drones after them, and once they get there, their shield are back up within seconds (assuming the person was using their own abilities to heal themselves. With the drones alone it can take longer to fully heal shields)
And should I ever come under extreme heavy fire, I have my "OH SH*T" button that gives me my perfect shield to get away, and Miracle Worker to put me right back into the fight. And since I have the drones and the healing consoles, I felt I could use the Lt.Cmdr Universal station for tactical to deal more damage.

That's my reasoning behind the build. Thoughts?

Last edited by sanguisdiabolus; 02-20-2013 at 01:23 PM.