View Single Post
Captain
# 63
02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
He was going to Gre'thor as a dishonored warrior...
I see...I was just checking since in the game we find Gre'thor mentioned a lot more than Sto-Vo-Kor, and players sometimes make that mistake.

Quote:
There's no honor in attacking a foe who cannot defend themselves, in kicking someone when they're down, and that's exactly what Lambert did when he fired on the damaged cube. Add to that the fact that he was acting without authorization, he had truly shamed himself with his actions, and would have definitely have been facing a court-martial for what he did...
Indeed.

Quote:
Then there's the way in which he dispatched himself... Both the hegh'bat and mauk-to'Vor, require a Second to provide the blade, or strike the killing blow, and while Amanda did wipe the blade on her sleeve as per tradition, Lambert did it all himself, which was against tradition, so some might argue that he had not truly redeemed himself, and he may well find himself on the Barge of the Dead...
I had not thought about that commonality between those two rituals, but you're right...under Klingon beliefs it's possible that would've been an issue.

Quote:
I figured Amanda naming a specific person as a template would have been better than saying "guestimate a Human version of the Borg Queen's body", and equally, although I was tempted to have her suggest Meliden use herself as the template, I figured it may have come across as a bit sexual harassmenty, rather than complimentary
Yeah, agreed that neither of those options would've been good. Even Alyosha, who is for all intents and purposes asexual (he experiences no physical attraction to humans and I think that his disgust with the behavior of his own species would be so severe he would never experience attraction there either), would understand that he shouldn't suggest that.

Quote:
Also, don't forget that in the Academy Days entry, there was the throwaway line that Amanda also liked women, so not such a totally unrealistic comment for her to make, but I'm glad that the revision worked better
While that does make it a bit less "unlikely," I guess in my experience women do have a tendency to have a different attitude towards that sort of "entertainment," regardless of the gender they're attracted to. So yes, the revision does seem to work better.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com