View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 32
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
So the fact their are still some annoying bugs that have been around for years and are still not fixed is acceptable for you?

For me taking years and who knows how much longer to fix a bug is totally unacceptable amount of time.

The Tholian Red Alert was bugged from the start and still is not fixed. This is unacceptable.

Your idea of acceptable and reasonable is not the same as what most people would consider to be.

I am not asking for things to be fixed in days or even a week. I want things to be fixed much faster then years.
Ok, here's a concept for you: triage. When you take the perspective of X bug has not been fixed in Y years, you're assuming that bugs should get squashed first in, first out. That is almost never the case, and it's actually the worse way to do things. Setting priority on what to fix depends on a lot of things such as potential risk of the bug, estimated time to a fix, percentage of playerbase affected, etc.

Now, let's take this system and throw a wrench into called "we don't know what's wrong so we don't know how long it'll take to find and fix". This raises the complexity on setting priorities which is why sometimes people don't understand why certain priority calls were made.

Bottom line is this. If you really care about a bug getting fixed, I think you need to do your part and help identify the ROOT CAUSE of a problem instead of just saying "wtf cryptic, it's bugged -> fixed it now". If a root cause is identified, time to fixing is predictable and will therefore be much more likely to get a higher priority because it has much more known parameters in terms of planning.

Last edited by azntrigboi; 02-22-2013 at 03:06 PM.