View Single Post
Captain
# 6
02-23-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Aww, man. Now you have me pining for a revival of old school FPS action.

But hell yeah, that would be an awesome mode. I absolutely loathe doing CnH because of how you get punished for trying to play the objectives with that nonsense waiting.
Half the time the scoring system never seems to make sense either. Oh, you're team has two points, you've uncapped all the others, and it's you're score that's going down... wait what?

How in the hell does that make any sense?

It doesn't read right mid battle, it actively punishes you for trying to aggressively uncap enemy points while capping your own, and to add insult to injury, even if you do slip behind enemy lines not even a little progress is made for your trouble. Throw in the "Yo dog, I'mma let you cap but first I've gotta order a pizza" control-changing system and it just becomes horrid.

Hell, imagine if you had to take, cap, and connect your base to the enemy's so you could destroy it... y'know, like UT2k4's Onslaught mode. I mean, really, you're in 3D space, you could have a field day with different map configurations.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.