Thread: rp
View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 5213
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Sarah : if you excuse us we will beam over to the Normandy.

Jacob Sarah the macos and shuttles are beamed over.

Sarah and Jacob soon arrive on the bridge.

Sarah : well about time you guys show up.

Jacob walks over to the science area and starts running scans.

Sarah: so Jacob what are your thoughts.

Jacob: still to many unknowns but nothing good.

U.S.S Normandy

Is the first of its class built right before the empire took over and was taken by hood and his fleet when they fled.
Shields: regenerative dual shields.
Hull: advanced ablative armor
Weapons: 10 MK XV phaser banks
6 multi use torpedo tubes
15 phaser canons.
Crew: 250
Engines: advanced warp drive
Prototype impulse engine

Design : designed much like the akira class es pet it retains the original design and size but with much more advanced weapons and shields.
OOC: One thing I've noticed.

The Matthew Neilson-Class was commissioned before the Normandy and has 4 shields (all regenerative, and all powered by separate generators) as well as Zero-point weapons (a technology that was shared with the Federation when the rebel fleet reached the Delta Quadrant, and is much more powerful than standard phasers), and is armed with Quantum-Phase torpedoes (similar to transphasics, but with a quantum torpedo warhead (i.e. a Zero Point warhead)).

The Normandy has technology which is fairly outdated (not to be insulting). Federation ships are being armed with Omega Weaponry even before the Republic shares its ZPCs, and many are utilising Omega Frames and AT shields.

Of course, it's your ship. I just thought it was odd that this ship seemed inferior to the massive dreadnoughts that the USC built (and which the Synthesisers managed to one-shot).

Sorry, I'm not doing a good job of not being insulting, am I?

Mind you, I suppose there is only so much you can do with the design of the Akira Class.
My Fan Fictions