View Single Post
Captain
# 4
02-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
This AFK issue was brought to Dan's attention in the old Fleet Marks thread. I am sure he was aware of it before then. At this point they have not given any indication that reporting an AFKer will have any consequence to that player. I'm not sure if it's even worth reporting.

Dan said they are aware of the problem and are looking into options to combat this.

In another game I have played, team members can report a player AFK and they will be marked as idle, preventing them from receiving any benefits from the run until they engage in combat. Sure, this may not work with trolls looking to just run around and cause problems for your group, but to an AFKer this is probably the worst thing. If we had something like that, I am sure it would significantly reduce the AFK problem once people were aware that they wouldn't get anything if they just sit in a run doing nothing.
now THAT sounds promising :O

It has the benefits of not being a troll tool of 3vote kick off, (well not unless a player has blown up in the last slither of boss hp..) but that seems unlikely.

But yeah, kinda wish this would be implemented,
Sit about = no reward
Forces people to at least contribute

Only sad thing is, like you said, if there are trolls, they can still mess things up, but i suppose the vote-idle is to target afkers, not trolls ^^
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn