View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 12
02-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Trust me. It won't work unless implemented right. I've seen a similar system and it made things worse.
The one used in WOW's PVP did fairly well. If you were reported AFK by minimum 3 people, you were marked as idle and did not earn honor points. After 1 minute, if you still had not entered combat, you were removed from the pvp game and given a cool down for a certain period of time similar to the leaver penalty.

Simply having the system in place may make people think twice about AFKing in a public queue. As of right now there really is nothing bad that can happen to them or to their account so they could care less.

When it comes to systems like this I see so many naysayers. It's fair to be skeptical, but unless we try such a system this problem will never go away or be looked at as addressed. The only way to know if it will work or not is to give it a try. Otherwise, we can never progress as a game or as a community.