View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Directed energy weapons and antimatter bombs/torpedo's are within our grasp. The space craft would probably not look anything like the ones from Trek, but those are possible too. Now, transporter technology is most likely impossible with what we know about science/physics/all that good stuff now.

I won't touch on the subject of United Earth.

Aliens: The thing about Trek aliens is that they are all basically "human." They have human wants and drives. They are all three dimensional and are affected by the fourth dimension of time. But what stops an alien from being, say... Five dimensional? Or six? Or twenty? Nothing really. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, read this book Michael Crichton's Sphere
Around the beginning they talk about aliens, and the possibility of aliens existing on more dimensions than we see/can comprehend.
There are a plethora of things that could cause problems, and hosts of other theories, but you can go look them up yourselves. Needless to say, I don't think there are little green men or the popular "Greys" out there.
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak