View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afree100 View Post
This games CPU usage is very efficent compared to many games I have seen of the graphical quality (and esp since its an MMO which should be using quite a lot (due to all the CPU bound stuff with MMOs)), as for graphics, the engines quality is quite impressive but a lot of the 3D models are letting it down.
You have some good points but it's not all the models. Under DX11, there are a crap load of missing textures that have been there since DX11 was added to Holodeck. It was in beta and still is and there has been next to nothing done about bringing it out of beta. The main problem with this game CPU and GPU wise are the many bugs out there. Considering I can run Crysis 3 at 1920X1200 at full everything but up until a week or so ago, you would swear my system was mid range at best due to coding issues with Anti-Aliasing that have finally been fixed for me. There still is a memory leak issue and tons of graphical, network, and CPU resource issues with STO. If this game worked properly, it would run a lot beter on the lowest and the highest of systems. Don't even get me started on DX9.