View Single Post
Captain
# 32
02-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
no need for chat bans...just a boot off a match. Hell...make it only valid within the first few minutes of a game... that way even the poorer players in an stf still have the opportunity to piss off the more elite ones and not be booted...

In private ones dont you end up 9 times out of 10 in one about to finish/halfway through?
and besides...if that were the solution then get rid of public queues altogether...
I don't know what you're getting at.

I didn't mention chat bans, I mentioned using chat channels to arrange for private matches.

Quite frankly, would be know-it-all "elite" PvEers are one the type of players who would end up abusing vote kick. Imo, these are the most annoying b/c they don't even realize they're griefing, but instead feel smug about doing themselves a favor by abusing the mechanic.

I assume in your 2nd paragraph you're refering to PvE again (this started regarding PvP not PvE) and no I've never come close to a 9 out of 10 failure rate in any PvE in this game random PuG groups or not.

Ideally, Cryptic would devote the resources to automate AFKer detection and/or have a report system in place where they can check the logs of a AFKer and not involve the player at all.

But, if it's AFKer Vote Kick or keep things the way they are where people can create private matches I pick private matches. AFKer Vote Kick creates a griefing mechanic to combat a griefing mechanic. Private Matches uses a grief avoidance mechanic. I know Private Matches take some social initiative, but this is an MMO afterall and not a single player game.