View Single Post
Career Officer
# 16
02-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Personally i dislike the idea of klingons in the federation, and gather the only reason its there, is for people to have their 'worf' cosplay. (i mean at the time, worf was an oddity). Again, personally i would prefer if the factions were kept DIFFERENT, to keep the playstyles unique/different, but (sorry for sounding like a kdf scorned) if the federation players want something unique to the KDF slap a pricetag on it and let them run wild!, if the kdf want something, e.g. a player species with handy traits like on a human, then NEVERZ!
Worf was an oddity in TNG, but became a truly beloved character in DS9.

What I would prefer is a non federation aligned human group, maybe disenfranchised fed citizens that do not believe the course the federation has taken is the right one. It could be a more generic "Alliance" style of sci fi humans, maybe even have more "human" spaceship designs.. BIG, BLOCKY, and with lots of BIG HONKING SPACE GUNS!!! And most importantly without silly things like the Prime Directive (fun fact: fed citizens are not bound by it) or a need to always prove their saintlyness to others. Basically a group made up of real people lol.