Will Devs address how OP escorts are now?
View Single Post
Join Date: Jul 2012
02-25-2013, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by
- give escort healing powers (EPTS, HAZARD EMITTERS, TSS, etc) an inherent weakness a bit like dhc's have their inherent Ikillyouness
This is where there's a problem. Bridge Officer and Captain powers are not limited or restricted in any way by ship type. The only things that determine the effectiveness of a power are:
1. Power levels (i.e. Aux or Weapons)
2. Skill points (from character builds)
3. Rank of the powers (Like Rapid Fire I vs. Rapid Fire III)
4. Equipment (Indirectly, due to boosts to skill points and power levels that come from equipping things).
There is NO ship type of any kind that artificially, automatically "dampens" the effectiveness of a power, all other things being equal (or vice versa).
A Boff Power is not the same as a piece of equipment.