View Single Post
Captain
# 7
02-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Nerf more science powers?

/sigh
I don't believe I did that, in my suggestion.

1. Remove Tractor Beam as a "Sci" power
2. Give all ships a Tractor Beam, which can either;
----- Function offensively (reduce weapon accuracy, drag enemy into hazards)
----- Function supportively (drag friendly out of hazards)

What's the point in having an ability that essentially holds a target in place? Might as well just buff "Target Subsystem: Engines", to make the chance to disable engines, nearly 100%, if that's what you want. We have plenty of powers that already function offensively (warp plasma, gravity well, tyken's rift etc). Why not have a power that can either drag enemies into these hazards, or drag friendlys out of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
You could say this is already in game thanks to Tractor Beam Repulsors, I can't see it being much of a problem to have another version that brings ships closer to you.
True, but as the power is named "Repulsor", it pushes the targets away from you. While a Tractor Beam has been shown to "Pull" a target towards you. Although I suppose there is an argument to be made, for also having the "stop target in place" function of the Tractor Beam. Just look at the counter to the Picard Maneuver, for a reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
So, the proposal is to rename the current "tractor beam" and make a new power that is a real tractor beam. No nerf whatsoever.
Solution:

- Rename existing Tractor Beam to "Holding Beam"
- Give all ships a proper "Tractor Beam" that functions more like the show

Last edited by meurik; 02-25-2013 at 08:13 AM.