View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
I know about 25% of our Fleet's most active membership will jump faction when/if a Romulan faction is released. This saddens me as well, and I've been barking mad about the possibility of a 3rd faction since the first poll about it, with the same warning the OP mentions: The KDF faction cannot afford the attrition we would have from the draw of a Rom Faction, the Feds can.

I stand by my original take on it: Rekindle the ToS Klingon/Romulan alliance. Separate factions, separate missions, separate groups, but shared queues, and sharing the Federation as an opponent. Allow for mixed Fleets, and mixed missions after some level (10 or so would be my suggestion for the end of a unique mission line).

There are people who swear up and down the Klingons and Romulans would never side with each other, but frankly, its happened before (the Klingons got their access to cloaking from this former Alliance, did they not?) and under the current circumstances with a rift in the Romulan Empire, and Sela under the influence of the Iconians and Undine infiltration of the Romulan government and military (as evidenced by the Fed mission where you unknowingly insert one into the Romulan military), the New Romulus groups *should* be the beginnings of a new Redside faction.

Adding a "Purple" faction to the current mix will simply erode us unnecessarily.

That and I'm not looking forward to being forced to create a sister Fleet named "Birdbath and Beyond"

Considering how easy it was to cheat that poll and pad the numbers Im surprised it is used as justification by the fans.
Hell, I posted as bitemepwe and then quoted my on post as another player in the same thread in under 5 minutes to show how easy it was to cheat that poll.

I say bring the RSE faction but not at the expense of the KDF which has been waiting for a lng time to be completed.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.