View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
I'm working on some optimizations to the AI on these to get them fire a little more consistently and cutting down their cooldown between shots a little. Their base damage per shot isn't being increased, but their rate of fire will be a little more consistent.

I'm also improving their Overload damage significantly.
Hey Archon, I've come to really enjoy the WCP's and appreciate the changes considered above. However, one aspect of the plaforms is sorely lacking: longevity. I've noticed that they seem to try to "jump" away from explosions, which is a greatly needed combat pet response in general. IMO, THESE pets need more, considering their long cooldown, having only two active at a time and lack of durability. No, they shouldn't be able to survive being directly targeted for long, that wouldn't be fair, but losing them and staring at 3-minutes before I can relaunch doesn't sit well either.

Also, and this may be just me, but I noticed that I tend to fly differently when they're online in an effort to keep them online. This isn't true with my HEC because I know I can respawn almost as quickly as I need to.