View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 1432
02-25-2013, 08:01 PM
It isn't that big of a deal. Everyone that ever brought up the fact that Pounce and Lunge didn't share a cooldown said it needed to (including me) until now. If everyone that brings up a certain subject says it should be changed due to whatever reason, there's a fair chance it will be changed.

However, on my Tactical Ferasan I never use those abilities back to back anyway since they're used for exploiting. My target rarely becomes exposed again within 5 seconds for me to go "oh, it sure is a good thing this doesn't have a 6 second cooldown."

In other terms, identical abilites that are more powerful than primary gun fire are never used back-to-back in under two seconds like Pounce and Lunge. You don't get to shoot secondary fire of a regular weapon two times in a row.

Assuming that the ability is very powerful, it's still also fine for STFs. They aren't supposed to be about going around and pwning everything, otherwise no one would like them, except maybe Suroo.

To recap, it's a good change for both PvE and PvP in my opinion and in many others' opinion. If you don't like it, I'm sorry. It's impossible for everyone to like whatever they do with this.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
There's an incoming nerf to your entire fleet!
Some of us went with Engineers (me) or Science as their main Ferasan, so those of us that did are totally unneffected.

Last edited by sirepical; 02-25-2013 at 08:03 PM.