View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 37
02-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
So STO was doomed to be rushed either way. That's very unfortunate. What was the mentality behind the short cycle? Were investors that anxious for a return? Was CBS? Did Star Trek 2009 have something to do with it?

I'm just curious why you guys were held to an impossible deadline when it would have made sense to extend development to give you all time to iterate. I find it hard to believe that no one during the process raised their hand and said, "Maybe releasing an unfinished product that we'll have to patch and fill in holes is not such a good idea. Please give us more time to deliver a quality experience that will put us in a better position to expand upon."
As has been stated, CBS felt burned by Perpetual. A dev said as much in an interview recently, but I forget whom. Either way, they also said that Cryptic did in fact ask for an extension of the deadline when they actually had some work to show. They received that extension, but it was only a month or two, less than they had hoped for I imagine.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||