View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
02-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
If a 'phasic torp does 10k dmg and hits a shield..

40% of that damage bleeds through. So 4000.

That 4k damage.. is it then mitigated by armor kinetic resists or is it applied to hull directly, bypassing kinetic resists?
Any damage that penetrates a shield is still subject to resistance scores. In this example, the 4000 that penetrates the target's shield will be reduced according to their Kinetic Resistance Rating.

And actually... I don't have the figures in front of me at the moment to verify, but I'm fairly certain that T-phasics do 40% additional bleedthrough. Non-resilient shield arrays already allow 10% through, resulting in a total of 50%. Resilient shields would let through 45% from a T-phasic.

As for the concern that special Torpedo Modes benefit Quantums disproportionately... there is some merit to that claim. And it is, as another poster pointed out, because amplifying a large number by a set percentage yields a larger benefit than amplifying a smaller number by the same percentage. It's possible that those figures could use another review, but it's also possible that they are fine where they are due to the additional benefits/drawbacks of using different types of torpedoes.
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Staff Systems Designer
"Play smart!"
Follow the STO_DevTracker on Twitter!