View Single Post
Captain
# 67
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
LOL, nice try. Refer to post #2:
1) I'm not the one suggesting that markedly superior gear be segregated in one specific type of reputation/content area solely because I like that content area, or dislike other areas.

2) I'm not the one who said this:

Quote:
So by that logic since I'm a KDF PvP'er who doesn't participate in the rep systems I deserve to miss out ?

The BEST gear is already part of a system that tho optional, is mandatory if you want the gear. Why should the PvP rep system treat players any different that the current system ?
Or this...

Quote:
Say what ?
Human opponents are the hardest enemies to defeat in the game. There's nothing in the PvE game that requires gear that can't be crafted or dropped from FE missions. Just getting slaughtered in a PvP match shouldn't be considered sufficient enough to earn access to the best gear in the game (I'm assuming will be better than anything currently available in-game). If you're not going to play PvP then why would you want gear that's ineffective against PvE opponents and require you to refit/change ships if you decide to play a PvE battle ? And if you've earned gear suitable to battle the hardest enemies in the game why would you accept them being less than optimal against inferior enemies compared to inferior gear ?

Or this...

Quote:
Everyone knows how power creep intices players to go after more powerful gear even tho they don't really need it. To keep PvP gear effective against only other live players ensures PvP never becomes popular to the general player, and never gets any real attention from the devs because it's so exclusive.
So please, explain to me how criticizing one person for wanting his toys to be made the shiniest and then turning around and demanding the exact same thing isn't utterly hypocritical?