View Single Post
Captain
# 117
02-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
He was named by others. It actually happened shortly after he accidentally killed one of his first caretakers. He couldn't speak or fully understand language yet (he was still very, very young), but the reaction he showed to what had happened made them think of Alyosha Karamazov. Even though they saw it purely through body language, it was obvious he felt horrible about it.
Ah, I wondered if it was a name he had chosen through self-identification with Karamazov, but that would make sense that he would have been named thus

Quote:
Alyosha would definitely appreciate that, to be treated normally.
Given his laundry list of 'eccentricities', I think Marcus would be the last person to judge anyone for any reason

Quote:
Cardassians have a pretty strong constitution, when it comes to being able to hold their alcohol, or metabolize other drugs. And I would imagine Meliden is still Cardassian underneath her now-human appearance.
Yes, the changes would only have been skin-deep, and she would still retain her internal Cardassian physiology, although her exterior now matches how she felt inside all along...

Quote:
And I'd imagine that device would be interesting to her--especially if it was in any way a forerunner to the bioneural tech we later saw in VOY and STO.
Engineers do love their gadgets... ^_^

Quote:
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."