View Single Post
Captain
# 70
02-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
You amuse me.

If a PvP reputation system comes in to being whilst PvP is still broken there there will be new gear that comes out that the non-PvPers will either:

a) Feel forced to participate in a genre that they dislike. Players who are forced to do things they don't like tend to lose interest in a game.

b) Go without, all the whilst feeling resentful that the gear is not available via PvE which is the VAST majority of this game. (If PvP was the majority I'm sure they'd have more than 8 maps available. Care to argue that point?)

Options a) and b) are not good for the longevity of the game. Then again if you cared for the longevity of the game you might be able to see that.

The only way a reputation system can be implemented without situations a) or b) eventuating is for that gear to only be usable in PvP. That is the fairest scenario of all.
If you feel forced to something and have problem with it - do not do it - problem solved.

I PvP mostly, and I was also forced to grind STFs and other repeatable crap for rep. Now, I would rather be obliterated 100x in PvP by the most horrible cheese there is, instead of doing Cure space with 4 total noobs who are unable to distribute shields and their dmg is comparable to Npc miranda.