View Single Post
Captain
# 611
02-27-2013, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
the main thing to remember is your weapons have to have AT LEAST 10% accuracy (20% would be better) and CrtD of +20 and at least 4% CrtH (critical chance).
If your weapons have any amount of the latter two, but no accuracy, they are useless. Because what's the point of being able to do critical damage if you can't hit your target?
I hate to be annoying (at least to you guys ), but i wanted to know what energy weapon type dontdrunkimshoot had in mind for his "2 AtB galaxy R" build.
Since there are "only" 4 cannons fore and 4 turrets aft, and so few tac consoles i want to have as many useful effects as possible.

I have been thinking about plasma, but since it cannot utilize the "Romulan Singularity Harness" to get the additional 7.6% plasma Damage, and i am not sure if plasma weapons get the additional bonus from romulan "Threat-Scaling Science Consoles", because i have read that they only deliver 2.5% chance for a Plasma DoT effect when using non-Plasma energy weapons. Still the Plasma proc is tempting IMO.

The only thing i would do different would be to use 2 parts of the "Omega Adapted Borg Technology Set" which would be "Cutting beam" in the rear + the Borg console. To get "Omega Weapon Amplifier" effect once in a while.

Since the Galaxy -R isn't capable of using DC or DHC it will naturally not do as much as much damage as comparable Klingon ship (or ANY other ship) by far. So what would be the logical choice for such an underpowered ship?

Is there a way i momentarily don't see to utilize its Engineering + Science Consoles to tease out some more offensive power?

It's a shame one has to ask such questions in connection with a Galaxy Class.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit