View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2345
02-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
I have some free time this afternoon so I'll have to check that one out. Pizza first though!

One thing I like about a lot of old series are the references they have. Entertaining is one thing but there are so many factors that make classic TV better than a lot of the crap we see on TV today. Thank goodness for Netflix because I couldn't sit through all of those commercials.
There's a lot of life lessons embedded in classic television, lessons that still need to be embedded in television today - particularly cartoons in my opinion. Most modern (modern being last 15 years for sake of discussion) cartoons I've seen have gradually drifted away from teaching important life lessons and turned to, for lack of better terms here, idiocracy, stupidity, violence, and modern annimation to keep audiences drawn in. Then general vibe I get from this type of programing is that it promotes the youth watching it into beliving stupidity in public and violence is all right, and it desenitizes the audience. I can go on and on about the "quality" of modern programing, but it's essentially the same the same argument slightly augmented to fit a different style of programing.