View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 43
02-27-2013, 11:33 AM
I never knew that auto distribute could be bound until I started doing PvP and reading these forums. I saw a forum poster make a comment about how silly it was that most people don't know about binding shield distro to spacebar so I pm'd him and asked him if he would give me the command. He did. It made a big difference. I no longer had to distribute shields by clicking on my shield grid in the ui and was able to focus on all the new things going on around me. It also made a noticeable difference in my survivability.

I wonder how many people would have stayed with the game/PvP had it not been for this lack of feature? We probably also wouldn't need things like Elite Fleet Shields giving crazy passive resists if people were trained in using the mechanics and controls of the game a bit better from the start.

I like Antonio's idea of making it a toggle. Right click on the shield grid to turn autobalance on/off. Go a step further and put the text "Auto-Balance:ON" or "OFF" somewhere around it.

For those who dont already know, beam into space within a system and put the following in your chat box and hit enter:

/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

Your spacebar will now fire phasers (energy weapons) and distribute your shields. Should you ever want to remove it and go back to the default key settings: /unbind_all

~Maverick