View Single Post
Captain
# 49
02-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Oh, but the biggest number one thing they could do.

Balance the Game

When you offer options that are simply bad for players (boarding parties) it is a bad thing.

When you create some options that are vastly superior or required in 95% of situations (Tac Team) instead of others (Other Teams) it is a bad thing. Would it really break balance if all 3 teams had the auto distribute shield feature and a minor buff was granted to Tac Teams offensive boost or a good thing?

On that note, why are the power levels still so unbalanced as far as usefulness goes? Why is EPtS 1 still doubling your effective survivability as an ensign skill?

I could go on but I think I made my point. While we are all used to those things and how the game has been designed and scaled around them for those unaware of the relative strength of some things compared to others it creates a brick wall of things that need to be learned just to be decent. In a game that is trying to attract a casual player base that might not be a good idea especially when things are not obvious.
STO's F2P is basically an inferior experience for the masses at no cost being subsidized by a handful of whales seeking whatever it is that motivates them to spend hundreds if not thousands on a game.