View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
Well, lets say as in my last post, they want something simple. For simplicity's sake lets say its tomatoes. (because I really like tomatoes). They don't have any and when they scanned our planet they found out that tomatoes contain something they need to make some kind of medicine for their planet....and they have a code of paying for things that forbids them to just take tomatoes.

far fetched? Yep. Alien? Hell yes....but they're aliens. They have different motivations so even if we can't imagine that they'd come here to ask for tomatoes its very important to them. I'd believe that before I'd believe half of the things about "future earth" in Star Trek.

I don't think hostile aliens would feel the need to talk to us at all. They could just come and take stuff, and its not like we could stop them.

...and maybe the aliens are feeling "Wow, we thought we were alone in the universe! These guys are kinda backwards, wierd looking and they smell bad when they sweat, but what the hell, lets open diplomatic relations" because they are as interested in us as we would be about them. Maybe they're really as enlightened as we like to think we are.

While I don't think the stuff in Trek about utopian humanity for a hot second, I have hope that if we met friendly aliens it'd cut out the ethnic/racist nonsense down here. We'd have to face the fact that we're all human.

It would really freak people out if the aliens we're all asian, arabic and black. Oh boy, I'd risk the riots just to see peoples heads explode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Posting links is apparently my job now.
I try to do my part.