View Single Post
Captain
# 8
02-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapievo View Post
Thanks for all the quick responses!

I actually posted the wrong link, I posted the link I found that I then tweaked a bit and thought it saved my changes. Sorry for any confusion but I had never used the STO skill planner before.

here's my actual link:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...CRUISERSETUP_0

As to the role I wish to play, I'm trying to set it up to be able to dish out some damage while not getting blown up super easy and taking some heat of the squishier ships. Right now I only play PVE looking to maybe getting into STFs eventually but for now just playing around and completing the story missions and doing fleet actions like Starbase 24.

Thanks for the info about the EPS consoles. I do fly into combat from time to time at full impulse, however very rarely. I'll try it without those and grab another armor or 2 until I have a universal console that would be useful.

Did I see that correctly that the assimilated console is no longer available from the mission, only through the reputation system?

Regarding dropping APB: Is it better to give the damage buff to everyone with APB or to use TT1 for the shield rotation and damage buff? It seems like a no brainer to use TT1, but I thought APB would be more helpful to the whole party.

Regarding Torps: I do want to keep some torpedo damage as I find them very useful.

Maco or Borg sets may happen later on, but I haven't started with the reputation system just yet.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to respond to everyone
If you are only playing through episode missions, there's no point in having AP Beta for helping the whole team's damage (and it's actually to your detriment in Fleet Actions).
While you may not need TT now (although it's sure always useful), you'll find it great when facing tougher enemies.

And yes, sadly the Borg Assimilated console is no longer obtainable through mission play.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!