View Single Post
Career Officer
# 17
02-28-2013, 08:07 AM
The Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit is the Fleet Assault Cruiser. There is not a separate one.

There are many possibilities one can use with it, including team healing. It just doesn't have the maneuverability that some would like. For a team healer build, I would go for Engineer Boff slots has this:

Lt Eng: Emergency Power to Weapons I, Emergency Power to Shields II
Cmd Eng: Emergency Power to Weapons I, Emergency Power to Shields II, Extend Shields II, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field III

or if you have them and a desire to use them, with 3 Damage Control Officers to reduce the recharge of your Emergency Power to Subsystem abilities:

Lt Eng: Emergency Power to Weapons I, Extend Shields I
Cmd Eng: Emergency Power to Shields I, Extend Shields I, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field II, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field III

The second one would give you 100% uptime on healing and protecting your teammates with the Engineering Bridge Officers. And if you wish, you can switch around the Extend Shields and Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field abilities. The reason I include Emergency Power to Weapons is due to the power drain from Beam Arrays.

My primary build is not setup for healing, but I do have an alternate Engineering Slotting for it. And I place Emergency Power to Weapon above Emergency Power to Shields and still have my Shield Power at a (modified) 100:

Lt Eng: Emergency Power to Shields I, Emergency Power to Weapons II
Cmd Eng: Emergency Power to Shields I, Emergency Power to Weapons II, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field II, Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field III

The Lt Eng has Extend Shields II, and Auxiliary to Structual Integrity Field III trained for easy swapping to a team healer mode, which some missions really benefit from (i.e. Cure Space while on Kang duty).

The Fleet Assault Cruiser is really geared more to be a DPS/Tank; but it can be easily setup as a healer, but there are other Cruisers more capable as a healboat.