View Single Post
Captain
# 8
02-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Every ship you target with Subsystem targeting, either from a science ship or from a tactical skill, will get a subsystem immunity. it is part of the skill.

As for energy siphon builds, I tried one a few months ago with a Vesta with mixed results. I had dual Energy siphons, Viral Matrix, and phaser weapons. However, I had little success in shutting down both NPC's and players. The Energy siphon was mainly useful in boosting my own power levels, but had a minimal effect on the energy levels of the target. Viral matrix was more effective with disabling a ship for a short time, but with the random system, it is not that effective of a means of disabling.
Your problem there: you used phasers. Go with Polaron. It's overall effectiveness is much muuuuuch better, since tbh, with the Borg, the only SS you ever need knocked offline is weapons. So that's a 2.5% chance of killing a SS, and of that 2.5% chance, you only have a 25% chance of getting the SS you want, which results in the most desirable outcome (BORG HAZ NO GUNZ) only having a 0.625% chance of happening. Not that good.

However, if you use Polaron weapons, you get a global -25 (base, increased with Flow Capacitors) drain to ALL SS. Combine that with an ES3 and a TR2, and you can knock a target's SS power down by ~70. That will take the edge off of any energy weapons the Borg use, but still won't do anything to torps. They have Monotanium for that
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.